Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day of the Dead Images-A personal journey



As promised, here are some images of past Day of the Dead. They are of altars in different places; schools, libraries, or on the street. (I don't have any photographs of cemetary altars but I do have video that I am hoping to upload very soon.)

The picutres shown are of:
  • The altar that was put together in the Wigoberto Jimenez Moreno Central Library(on the right). An altar set up outside the central library in Leon(http://www.leonguanajuato.com.mx/bibliotecacentral/) to honor Diego Rivera (the two following pictures).
  • An altar in a pre-school created by the children and teachers and dedicated to deceased relatives (grandparents) of the children.
  • And finally of an altar I set up in my home last year. It was very simple in comparision to the other altars you can see here.

























No comments:

Post a Comment